The Commission on Seminaries:
1. Shall make the necessary studies and make the consonant recommendations to the Conference for the proper and effective implementation of the Decrees and Instructions from the Apostolic See regarding the formation of Candidates for the Sacred Priesthood in all seminary levels.
2. Shall make a periodic review of the Philippine Program for Priestly Formation for the over-all purpose of promoting and sustaining a Seminary formation that is continuously updated in contents and methodology, and accordingly adapted to the pastoral needs of the Church in the Philippines.
3. Shall coordinate with other entities in the Conference with akin concerns, such as the Commissions on the Clergy, the Religious, Vocations, Mission and the Pontificio Collegio Filippino, for the previously said updating and adaptation of the Philippine Program for Priestly Formation which is essential to the ecclesial life of the Church in the Philippines.
4. Shall draw and implement occasional Updating Programs/Modules that are particularly designed for the priestly, formational and/or professorial renewal of those assigned to the Seminary Ministry.
5. Shall help provide guidelines regarding the seminary curriculum, the apostolic training of the Seminarians especially in attending to families and/or communities with migrant members, and assist in the advisable exchange of Professors among Seminaries.
The Catholic Bishops' Conference of the Philippines
The Official Website of
EPISCOPAL COMMISSION ON SEMINARIES (ECS)
Bp. Gerardo A. Alminaza
Bp. Roberto C. Mallari
Bp. Guillermo V. Afable
Bp. Reynaldo G. Evangelista
Bp. Jose Romeo O. Lazo
Bp. Benjamin J. Almoneda
Rev. Fr. Roy Rexelle M. Decena
Address: Holy Apostles Senior Seminary
San Carlos Pastoral Formation Complex,
EDSA, Guadalupe Viejo, Makati 1211
Secretary for Academics:
Rev. Fr. Maxell Lowell Aranilla
Rev. Fr. Philip Sinco
Treasurer: Msgr. Noly Que
Msgr. Ruslan Templado Ms. Giselle Valderrama
Fr Viktor Aurellana, RCJ Fr Roger Joseph Erestain, Jr.
Tel. : (02) 895-8855 ; 896-5943
Fax : (02) 890-9560
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org